Monday, April 19, 2010

Teaming up!


Coach V and I went to the farmers market and Trader Joes to do a little shopping. She had some great pointers for me of new recipes. Then we went to Veggie Grill for lunch and I got the big kale salad- WOAH yummy! I love that place. Every time I go I find a new favorite. I don't feel guilty and I don't leave feeling like I have a brick in my tummy. We took pics and video, I'll have to post them later cuz she has them.

Kristi and I went to work making our yummy new recipes. Saturday night we spent a few hours preparing food for easy cooking the next three days. Yesterday for breakfast I had fresh juice- carrots, apple, radish, parsley, ginger, cucumber, pineapple. For lunch Read and I had spinach salad with blueberries, strawberries and pecans. I had olive oil dressing and he had poppy seed dressing. Dinner was tilapia, quinoa and a salad.

Tilapia- covered w/ egg yolk, added a little lemon juice and garlic. Would add a lot more lemon and lemon pepper next time. Covered both sides in almond meal found at Trader Joes. Baked it for like 15 minutes. Squeezed fresh lemon on it, it was good!

Quinoa made with veggie broth but did just as the box said to cook. Yummy as always!

Salad- This was coach V's invention and DELICIOUS! Started w/ sliced cabbage, then added 2 avocados, 1 mango, half a pineapple, sweet bell peppers, cucumbers, sweet cherry tomatoes cut up... I think that was it. It was awesome. I would add more mango next time, that was a lovely suprise when I bit into that. I would even try fresh guava if I could get my hands on it. I put lime juice on the avocados and let it all sit overnight. I will have this again for sure. Nice and light and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment