Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Making better decisions




I have been drinking a lot less soda. I have had a little here and there, but nothing like a few days ago when I would go get an oversized Big Gulp. The first day I decided to do this,I turned down soda once at lunch when it was offered for free when Subway (one of my FAVORITES) catered at work. I even turned down the cookie and chips. I felt so proud of myself! Then later that night I felt like I really needed a big soda. I didn't do it. I got a big headache, but I got through it. The other night I wanted some soda so bad, and I had a small cup, but couldn't even finish it.
I feel really motivated right now. I went to Costco and bought a bunch of carrots, cucumbers, celery, peppers, oranges, and pears that I can just grab and go so I don't get so hungry that I decide to pull through a drive-thru again.
I really want to get to the point where I don't even have the desire to get fast food or soda. I used to get sick when I had fast food. I can remember when I was healthy and I threw up when I had Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. (My husband's favorites.) Last year when my family was all here awaiting the arrival of the baby, they all HAD to have their soda, and I thought they were crazy. I know that state of not even wanting it exsists somewhere in me.



Here are some pics. I am STILL 230. Vi weighed me yesterday and I was 235, but that was at the end of the day. I had someone ask me if I was pregnant. Then, like, EVERYONE has been asking about another baby. I can't decide if they are asking because I look pregnant, or they think it is time I start thinking about #2 because of her age, or if it because I bought a mama mini van. No matter what it is- I dont want to hear about baby #2 anymore. NO I AM NOT PREGNANT, and do not have plans to be any time soon.
Yesterday I started drinking alkaline water. I drank a lot more than I normally do, and I peed a lot more too. My mouth did not feel so yucky and dry. I wasn't as hungry, so I ate less too.
The 3 things I am going to focus on are:
I'm going to keep drinking my alkaline water, chew my food longer so I am not inhaling it, and eat more veggies.
Kristi is going to start doing a couch to 5k workout plan, and I want to start that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment