Friday, March 26, 2010

I forgot!

I forgot to mention some good advice my at home food expert:

Ernie: Do you find yourself hungry a lot? Eat complex carbs instead of simple. I eat a lot of whole wheat foods and barley soups. Also, meat should be a garnish and not overpower the meal. When I eat a turkey avocado on whole wheat, I make sure I ask for only 1 slice of the deli cut instead of having them pile it on. Another good tip my sexy man gave me is to eat superfoods. I love avocado and spinach, but I also make an effort to have a little dark chocolate and a small glass of red wine before bed. Yeah, I know you can't have the red wine, but believe me when I say that both taste like medicine to me anyways. Here's a list of superfoods for you to buy and enjoy:

*red wine, water & green tea
*avocado, broccoli, onions, peppers, soy, spinach, and sprouts, hot peppers, leeks, daikon radishes
*açai, apples, blueberries, pomegranates, pumpkin, kiwi, oranges & tomatoes
*wild salmon, turkey, eggs
*beans, barley, seeds, nuts, lentils, oats, walnuts & buckwheat
*cinnamon, dark chocolates, garlic, honey, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, yogurt & kefir
*sea vegetables, Irish moss, umeboshi plums, wheat grass, miso

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I can't believe you forgot him! I am eating some of those things- but I think I need to figure out how to incorporate a handful of others that I NEVER eat.

    ReplyDelete